Want to be part of a great team that helps out their community get to their destinations? Finney County Transit is now hiring for a full-time Assistant Transportation Director and part-time Bus Drivers. Come in to apply and join our team!
We are currently looking for:
Assistant Transportation Director
If you would like to know more about the positions available, please read the job descriptions below. Assistant Transportation Director letter of application and resume can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the address below. Driver applications can be obtained at the Transit Center. If you have any questions, feel free to call 620.272.3626 and ask for Rhonda Everett.
Finney County Transit
1008 N. 11th St
Garden City, KS 67846
We are looking for a competent Assistant Transportation Director who will assist and work closely with the Transportation Director to provide safe, efficient and quality transportation for the residents of Finney County. Other key duties include supervising and scheduling drivers, maintaining vehicle maintenance schedules and records, evaluate route ridership and efficiencies and data entry, reviews and follows KDOT grantee policies, ADA and FTA guidelines, regulations and KCC safety compliance. Assist Transportation Director with KDOT grant.
· High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
· One or more years’ experience in supervisory/management role.
· A valid Kansas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A, B, or C with "Passenger assistance Techniques" endorsement is required or able to obtain.
· Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and pre-employment drug test will be required.
· Ability to use basic office equipment, multi-line telephone system, 2 way radio, computer/tablet including Microsoft Office products.
· Report to and work closely with the Finney Count Transit Director.
· Supervise drivers, driver schedules, maintain records of drivers training, KDOT physicals and CDL licenses.
· Evaluate routes, ridership and efficiencies. Enter and maintain data and prepare monthly reports.
· Maintain vehicle maintenance schedules, reports, and prepare for inspections.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
· Employee assistance program
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Retirement plan
· 8 hour shift
· Monday to Friday
Bus driver is responsible for operating a bus to transport passengers safely over specified local routes providing a high level of customer service and operating according to a schedule. Be able to safely operate a 20-passenger wheelchair lift-equipped bus or vehicle following defensive driving practices, traffic regulations, other vehicles, and pedestrians on streets to avoid accidents. CDL C with Passenger endorsement required.
Transportation dispatcher is responsible for answering phones, scheduling rides in the computer-aided dispatching web-based system, communicating with appropriate individuals regarding problems concerning transportation and recording fares. Be able to establish and coordinate the assigning, scheduling and routing of all vehicles, maintain a variety of department records and perform a wide variety of specialized and analytical duties related to the safe and efficient operation of a comprehensive transportation system.
Copyright © 2017 Finney County Transit - All Rights Reserved.